Farm-style shopping is redefined in the quaint La Motte Farm Shop with its wonderful variety of take-home reminders of the estate. Artisan farm-baked breads, a tempting array of confectionery from the Pierneef à La Motte pastry kitchen, light meals as well as farm produce such as seasonal vegetables, fynbos, disas and lavendine grown on the farm, are available. La Motte wine as well as the estate’s own range of body products made from biologically grown ethereal oil plants, Arômes de La Motte, can also be purchased from the Farm Shop.
Over the Festive Season we all enjoy spoiling our loved ones with something special. This year, the La Motte Farm Shop makes shopping easy with gifts that are unique, practical and personal and that will make anyone feel special.
See some of the original gifting ideas below. Our friendly shop assistant will gladly wrap them for you, so all you have to do, is sign the Christmas card!
Bespoke leather goods
These exceptional products are not only aesthetically beautiful and especially made for La Motte, they are also very practical and will last for generations.
The leather for the collection of hand-crafted products is personally selected, vegetable-tanned and hand-rubbed with a mixture of beeswax, animal fat and vegetable oil. Hand-stitching using a thick wax-coated cotton threat, reflects true craftsmanship with a classic and old-school finish.
Each product is carefully packaged in a box and comes with a hand-written note and care instructions by the craftsman.
- The Spectacles Case (R1 790) is made to protect all types of glasses and has a wide opening to allow different sizes. Exclusively branded for La Motte by the craftsman.
- The Tablet Case (R2 585) is very practical and ever so elegant for everyday use and makes for a coveted gift. Suitable for small or large tablets, it is equipped with a leather strap and buckle. Exclusively branded for La Motte by the craftsman.
- The Coffee Flask (R3 990) is ideal for stylish picnics or a chic hike and snugly fits into its leather exterior that also has a practical, adjustable strap. The flask itself is made from aluminium and is suitable for hot or cold beverages. Exclusively branded for La Motte by the craftsman.
Dung Beetle Collection of Candle
The Dung Beetle Collection of candles made especially for La Motte depicts elements of this historic estate with designs inspired by its Cape Dutch architectural heritage as well as the treasured fynbos on the mountainside – disas, blushing brides and protea flowers.
Hand-painted in Franschhoek, the art of the design, scent of the candle and organic soy wax texture make these candles unique, and with each work signed by the artist, they are a real collector’s item.
- Large Dung Beetle (R3 750)
- Small Dung Beetle (R2 050)
La Motte Pocket knife
Especially hand-crafted for La Motte, this pocket knife is ideal for carving biltong. Packed in a deep-red leather sleeve, it makes for an elegant and practical gift. R445
Vintage wine bottles
Beautiful “Demijohn” large vintage wine bottles purposefully recycled as a décor item. R995
Pewter La Motte Wine Accessories
The ideal and stylish way to serve your beverages at any occasion or celebration. The stainless pewter wine coolers are generous in size and equipped with handles for easier use, with the ice-bucket and water jug the ideal accessories for any sophisticated get-together.
- Multiple cooler (R1 990)
- Single cooler (R1 125)
- Small ice cooler with tong (R920)
- Pewter jug (R895)
Something so practical and understated, but the perfect touch to an elegant table.
100% cotton white table runner with navy stripes. 50 cm x 200 cm. R350
100% Irish linen, ideal for drying glassware. Lint-free and will leave no residual on crystal. White with red or blue stripes. R270
Visit the La Motte Farm Shop from Tuesdays to Sundays, 09:00 – 17:00.
Contact the Farm Shop at: 021 876 8840 or email@example.com