Beouf Bourguignon Soup
200 ml sunflower oil
100 g butter
5 kg beef brisket, hot BBQ for 3 hours and cooled, cubed
1 kg smoked pork belly
Salt and black pepper
1 kg pearl onions, peeled
1 kg carrots, diced
500 g turnips, diced
50 g garlic, chopped
1 T lemon zest
1 T rosemary, finely chopped
½ cup quince jelly
1 bottle La Motte Millennium
¼ cup parsley, chopped
10 litres beef stock
- Heat a large casserole and add the oil and 100 g butter.
- Add the onions, garlic and rosemary and sauté over low heat until soft.
- Add the quince jelly and red wine and cook to a glaze.
- Add half the stock, the beef and bacon and fit the lid on the casserole, place in an oven at 170˚C for 3 hours.
- Add the carrots and turnips and braise until tender.
- Remove the lid and add the remaining stock, bring to a boil and add the parsley and stir in the cold butter as needed.
- Serve with freshly-baked baguette and generous glasses of the 2019 La Motte Millennium!